Baby hat with 2 buttons

Small baby hat with 2 big buttons

Spring is here, so I should write about knitting warmer clothes, but I still have some hats that I want to show you. I made this hat for my boy when he was 2 years old and he managed to wear it for 2 years
.
I loved the yarn model and the color. I always thought that warm colors are great for small kids. They become more charming dress in light blue, red or yellow. I am not a big fan of pink, the princess pink kind. I have a boy, but if I will have a daughter I am certain that I am not gone buy her pink clothes, but I am also certain that the rest of the family will.

My boy got to wear a pink baby body in the hospital when he was born and a pair of pink pants at our friend’s house when we had to change his clothes. Our friend have 2 daughters and they have almost 90% pink clothes.

Tutorial:

Yarn: 100% Acrylic
Knitting needles: 4
Gauge: 25 stitches x 30 rows = 10 cm

Cast 80 stitches. 
The first 12 rows you gone have this pattern: knit 2 stitches, purl 2 stitches, knit 2 stitches and so on till the end of the row which will be knit 2 stitches, purl 2 stitches.
From row 13 till the end of the hat you will knit 1 row and purl 1 row. 

Make the hat as long as you like.
Sew the end of the hat together and add 2 big buttons.
Keep on knitting!

You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Popular Posts