Driftwood weaving with yarn and crocheted cord



Driftwood weaving with yarn and crocheted cord

This driftwood used for this weaving has a story. I found them when I was with my mom and my son in the forest. We went for a walk in the forest in the spring. Every time I go in the forest we have nature lessons. I am showing my little one all the plants and insects we find in the forest. We have 5 ant hills around our house that we care about.

Anyway, in this walk I sat on my right knee to take a photo and I felt a strong ache in the knee and I couldn’t walk anymore. We started to come out of the forest trying to find a strong wood to use it but no luck.

We cross a small crick and there I saw this driftwood. I knew on the spot what to do with it. It was my support till I got home and now it is in our guest house on a wall as a beautiful unique weaving art.

Dimension: 110 cm X 80 cm

Materials:

-          Driftwood
-          Yarn
-          Hemp rope
-          Glue
-          Crocheted cord
-          Yarn needle

Directions:

I always clean the driftwood. I wash it and let it dry before using it. Also, I am checking that is strong, otherwise it will break when I start weaving.

I don’t really have a model in mind. I just improvise while I am working.

First step is to create a loom by tying across the width of the “V” that the branch creates. Here we have 2 “V” so I made 2 looms with hemp rope. I secured it with knots made sure the string was tight and then glued it in the back.

I did an over and under wave throughout entire weaving. I used my fingers when I weaved the crocheted cord and the yarn needle for the yarn. I made 3 pompons to decorate at the end.

I think the best effect for weaving is an interesting branch and the combination of colors.


Driftwood weaving with yarn and crocheted cord


You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.


You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first.
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first.
Thank you!



Comments

Popular Posts