Christmas hat


Christmas hat with red and white stripes
I always wanted a Christmas hat for me or for my son with red and white stripes. In my opinion it looks better than a red one with a white border. But this is my opinion.

I knitted this hat a few years back and my son got to wear it for a 3 years. It was a little big in the first year, but then it got to be perfect.

Materials:

-          100g red yarn
-          100g white yarn
-          Knitted needles
-          Pom-pom made from the red yarn

Directions:

I can’t tell you exactly the size for the needles or the type the yarn is because I don’t have the information, but you can try with your yarn and see exactly what you need.

Cast 60 stitches.

With Red:

Make 4 rows:  k2,p2,k2,p2…

With White:
1.       Knit
2.       Purl
3.       Knit
4.       Purl

With Red:
1.       Knit
2.       Purl
3.       Knit
4.       Purl

With White:
5.       Knit
6.       Purl
7.       Knit
8.       Purl

With Red:
5.       Knit
6.       Purl
7.       Knit
8.       Purl

Decreasing:

With White:
  • 1.       K,k2tog,k….k2tog,k
  • 2.       Purl
  • 3.       Repeat 1
  • 4.       Repeat 2

With Red:
  •        K,k2tog,k….k2tog,k
  • 2.       Purl
  • 3.       Repeat 1
  • 4.       Repeat 2

Make 18 stripes. You can make it longer or shorter if you want. When you are done saw the hat and add the pom-pom.  

Happy knitting!

Christmas hat with red and white stripes


You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!



I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.





Comments

Popular Posts