Long knitted skirt in 4 colors

Long knitted skirt in 4 colors

One of the pieces that I made after restarting to knit was a skirt. I had the yarn and I loved the color combinations. With the simple stitch possible and a very simple model, this skirt is one way to learn to knit.

You can wear it in the summer or in the winter with some leggings under it. Any color combination is good as long as you like it. The model is simple and easy: only stripes but different sizes.

Because I made it so long ago I can’t exactly tell you the gauge, knitted needle size and yarn size. All I can tell you is that I knitted a little loose, that means that I used one size bigger for the needles.

For the waist I used elastic band. Being one of my first skirts, I didn’t know how to increase or decrease stitches, so I made it as simple as I could and use the elastic band for the waist. If you know how to increase or decrease you can use that instead of an elastic band.

I used 4 colors. Pink and lilac have the same number of rows. Grey and light blue start big and finish around at the wait the same number of rows as pink and lilac. Very easy to remember. I think this model of stripes makes you look taller.

Skirt is 110 cm long because I am quite tall. You need to make it for your measurements. If it is easy for you, start from the waist and go down.

So let’s start knitting!

I started from the feet and moved to waist.  

Chain 140 stitches with grey
With grey knit 4 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 18 rows
With grey knit 14 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 16 rows
With grey knit 12 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 14 rows
With grey knit 12 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 12 rows
With grey knit 10 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 10 rows
With grey knit 8 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 8 rows
With grey knit 6 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 6 rows
With grey knit 4 rows
With pink knit 4 rows
With lilac knit 4 rows
With light blue knit 4 rows

As you can see, a very simple skirt for all the seasons. So happy knitting!
This pattern is for personal use only. You can’t make it public or sell it on as your own. Anything you make with this pattern, you can sell on.






Popular Posts