Long knitted skirt in 4 colors

Long knitted skirt in 4 colors

One of the pieces that I made after restarting to knit was a skirt. I had the yarn and I loved the color combinations. With the simple stitch possible and a very simple model, this skirt is one way to learn to knit.

You can wear it in the summer or in the winter with some leggings under it. Any color combination is good as long as you like it. The model is simple and easy: only stripes but different sizes.

Because I made it so long ago I can’t exactly tell you the gauge, knitted needle size and yarn size. All I can tell you is that I knitted a little loose, that means that I used one size bigger for the needles.

For the waist I used elastic band. Being one of my first skirts, I didn’t know how to increase or decrease stitches, so I made it as simple as I could and use the elastic band for the waist. If you know how to increase or decrease you can use that instead of an elastic band.

I used 4 colors. Pink and lilac have the same number of rows. Grey and light blue start big and finish around at the wait the same number of rows as pink and lilac. Very easy to remember. I think this model of stripes makes you look taller.

Skirt is 110 cm long because I am quite tall. You need to make it for your measurements. If it is easy for you, start from the waist and go down.

So let’s start knitting!

I started from the feet and moved to waist.  

Chain 140 stitches with grey color. 
With grey knit 4 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 18 rows.
With grey knit 14 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 16 rows.
With grey knit 12 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 14 rows.
With grey knit 12 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 12 rows.
With grey knit 10 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 10 rows.
With grey knit 8 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 8 rows.
With grey knit 6 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 6 rows.
With grey knit 4 rows.
With pink knit 4 rows.
With lilac knit 4 rows.
With light blue knit 4 rows.

I knit s simple pattern for this skirt because of the yarn. The yarn has already a funky shape so I wanted to make t stand out more by using a simple pattern. Using a difficult or complicate one will get the view from the yarn to the pattern which is not so great. This is only my opinion.

As you can see, a very simple skirt for all the seasons. So happy knitting!


You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.


Comments

Popular Posts