Knitted lederhosen

Knitted lederhosen

My husband is in love with Lederhosen and of course he has a pair. They are now considered traditional folk leather pants from Tyrol, Austria. Formerly, lederhosen were worn for hard physical work; they were more durable than a fabric garment. Today, they are mostly worn as leisurewear. 

When my little boy was 1.5 years old I made this pants for him to match his father. I knitted them and my mother in law made the crochet details. I don’t know yet how to do that, but I want to learn.

They are made from 2 big identical pieces and 2 small pieces. You need 6 buttons and rubber band for the waist.

I knitted 2 types of stitches: 1 row knit, 1 row purl and for the second type I knitted each row 2k,2p,2k,2p…till the end of the row.

Everything was made by measuring the child and more than 3 years ago so I can’t tell you exactly the measures and I can’t count it now because I gave it as a gift for someone else.

But looking at the photos you can get an idea how to make them.


Keep knitting and have fun!     

Popular Posts