Knitted rustic band for a wagon wheel chandelier

Knitted band

For our guest house, we wanted to have wooden chandeliers for the kitchen and the living room. So we found an old piece of wood for living room and attached 12 lights. For the kitchen we found a wagon wheel and transform it in a chandelier with 6 lights.

As you can see in the photo of the kitchen table with the wheel on top, the chandelier has a big black part. Because we don’t have too much black around the house we decided to make something to break the black. I had some hemp rope and I knitted a small band.

It is 42.5 cm long and 7 cm wide. It has a simple pattern and I used a needle to fix it on the wheel.

Directions:

Cast 9 stitches.
Row 1 will be knit, purl,knit,purl till you get at the end of the row with knit,purl,knit.
Repeat Row 1 for every row.
(K1 means knit 1, P1 means purl 1)


I like the way it looks on the wheel. It looks rustic like I wanted to be and breaks the black too.
Knitted band for a wagon wheel chandelier

You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Popular Posts