Elegant knitted purse with beads and tassel

Elegant knitted purse

I always find so hard to have a nice unique night purse.
After attending a few weddings and parties this year I decide to make an evening purse especially for this king of events. This is my second one. I have a golden one, but is still a working progress. This one took a few days to make because I kept doing 3 projects in the same time. I manage to finish all of them so I am happy.
This beautiful knitted purse can be wear during the day with jeans or during the night at an elegant event. The tassel with the beads give the purse a sophisticated look.

Finished size: 21 cm x 13 cm x 2 cm

Materials:
-          Yarn
-          Needles 4mm
-          Crochet hook 4mm
-          Beads


Gauge: 19 stitches x 15 rows = 10 cm

The amount of stitches you cast on will reflect how wide your purse is. This is 21cm wide.

Cast 35 stitches.
Row 1: K1,P1, K1, P1,….,K1,P1,K1
Repeat Row 1 for every row.
(K1 means knit 1, P1 means purl 1)
Work until piece measure 31 cm. Split the work in 3 parts: 2 equals and one smaller. The small part will be in front.
With the crochet hook crochet the sides of the purse. Unzip the zipper and pin to the inside of one panel only. Once you sew the zipper in on the one side, remove straight pins and with zipper still open pin the second side of the zipper in. Sew the second part.
Tassel:
Wrap yarn around 4 fingers. Cut a piece of yarn and thread through the loop created at one end of the wrapped yarn. Tie to secure the yarn. Secure the tassel by wrapping yarn around the uncut end. Cut through and trim loops to make your tassel nice and even.
Using beads add the tassel to the purse for a sophisticated effect.

You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts